The use of Zaplox’s shared key functionality provides your guests with the option of having their own mobile key to unlock the hotel room and to get access to other hotel facilities such as the gym or pool area. The mobile key is available via the hotel’s app on the guest’s phone and works even for guests that are not the holder of the reservation.
Access to the hotel room and other hotel areas is linked to the room reservation. The rules for the shared key functionality are configured together with the hotel based on their specific needs.
For hostels that offer more than two beds in one room, Zaplox’s shared key functionality allows hostels to share several mobile keys for the same room via their guest app.
For boutique hotels, where rooms are limited to one or two guests per room, there is a possibility to have one master mobile key and one shared mobile key for a specific room in the reservation. This feature comes in handy for families that have booked more than one room.
How it works
- The number of mobile keys available for a specific room can be configured in Zaplox portal or it can specified in the reservation.
- Once the guest’s ID is verified and the check-in is completed, the master mobile key becomes available in guest’s hotel app.
- The guest (the owner of the reservation) can use the “share button” in the hotel app to share the mobile key that is linked to the reservation.
- After pressing the “share button”, the app asks what channel (Messenger, WhatsApp, etc) the guest wants to use to share the mobile key.
- The recipient of the shared mobile key receives a custom URL with a link to where to download the hotel app, including the shared mobile key.
Zaplox has several security features in place to prevent that too many keys are issued and to control that only keys that are linked to the reservation are shared.
Guests will only be able to share the same number of keys that there are guests connected to the reservation. The guest holding the reservation, is the only guest that can share the mobile keys.
Would you like to learn more Zaplox Shared Key functionality? Contact the Zaplox Team at email@example.com or request a demo for the in-depth presentation of our solutions.